By James C. Bradford
- Places equivalent weight at the impact of significant wartime campaigns and naval efforts to safeguard and extend America’s political and monetary pursuits during periods of peace
- Includes an array of illustrations and fifty six new maps, seamlessly built-in inside of every one chapter
- Each bankruptcy beneficial properties sidebars with biographical sketches of influential leaders and outlines of guns and technological advancements of the era
Read or Download America, Sea Power, and the World PDF
Similar military history books
“A very good book—an American reminiscent of John Keegan’s The Face of conflict. I essentially think that Grunts is destined to be a vintage. ”—Dave Grossman, writer of On Killing and On CombatFrom the acclaimed writer of The lifeless and people approximately to Die comes a sweeping narrative of six a long time of strive against, and an eye-opening account of the evolution of the yankee infantry.
The amphibious attack opposed to a defended seashore is totally explored from the point of view of the defender.
In response to the epic precise tale of the Chosin Reservoir crusade of the Korean struggle! within the wintry weather of 1950, deep in the frozen mountains of North Korea, 15,000 U. S. infantrymen and Marines have been surrounded and trapped through 120,000 chinese language squaddies. regardless of the percentages, the Marines refused to give up and fought their approach seventy eight miles to the ocean and rescued 98,000 refugees.
An army operation in contrast to the other on American soil, Morgan's Raid was once characterised by way of impressive velocity, superhuman persistence and cutting edge strategies. one of many nation's such a lot colourful leaders, accomplice basic John Hunt Morgan, took his cavalry via enemy-occupied territory in 3 states in a single of the longest offensives of the Civil warfare.
- War and Society Volume 2: A Yearbook of Military History: Volume 26 (Routledge Library Editions: Military and Naval History)
- Patton's Air Force: Forging a Legendary Air-Ground Team
- Wilson’s Cavalry Corps: Union Campaigns in the Western Theatre, October 1864 through Spring 1865
- A Soldier's Story
- Castles and Warfare in the Middle Ages (Dover Military History, Weapons, Armor)
- Ready for Battle: Technological Intelligence on the Battlefield
Additional info for America, Sea Power, and the World
America, Sea Power, and the World by James C. Bradford