By Steven Zaloga
Read or Download Armored Attack 1944: U.S. Army Tank Combat in the European Theater from D-Day to the Battle of the Bulge PDF
Best military history books
“A marvelous book—an American reminiscent of John Keegan’s The Face of conflict. I truly think that Grunts is destined to be a vintage. ”—Dave Grossman, writer of On Killing and On CombatFrom the acclaimed writer of The useless and people approximately to Die comes a sweeping narrative of six a long time of strive against, and an eye-opening account of the evolution of the yankee infantry.
The amphibious attack opposed to a defended seashore is totally explored from the point of view of the defender.
In response to the epic real tale of the Chosin Reservoir crusade of the Korean conflict! within the wintry weather of 1950, deep in the frozen mountains of North Korea, 15,000 U. S. infantrymen and Marines have been surrounded and trapped through 120,000 chinese language squaddies. regardless of the chances, the Marines refused to give up and fought their approach seventy eight miles to the ocean and rescued 98,000 refugees.
An army operation not like the other on American soil, Morgan's Raid was once characterised via exceptional pace, superhuman patience and cutting edge strategies. one of many nation's such a lot colourful leaders, accomplice normal John Hunt Morgan, took his cavalry via enemy-occupied territory in 3 states in a single of the longest offensives of the Civil battle.
- Sierra Sue II:The Story of A P-51 Mustang
- A Short History of the Civil War: Ordeal by Fire
- The Agony of Hell
- 32 DIVISION Divisional Troops 164 Brigade Royal Field Artillery : 29 December 1915 - 1 September 1916 (First World War, War Diary, WO95/2380/5)
- The Defense of the Napoleonic Kingdom of Northern Italy, 1813-1814
- 58 DIVISION Divisional Troops Royal Army Medical Corps 2/3 Home Counties Field Ambulance : 22 February 1915 - 22 February 1915 (First World War, War Diary, WO95/2997/5)
Extra info for Armored Attack 1944: U.S. Army Tank Combat in the European Theater from D-Day to the Battle of the Bulge
Armored Attack 1944: U.S. Army Tank Combat in the European Theater from D-Day to the Battle of the Bulge by Steven Zaloga