By John Pickles,Adrian Smith,Robert Begg,Milan Bucek,Poli Roukova,Rudolf P?stor
- Proposes a brand new theorization of world price chains as a part of a conjunctural monetary geography
- Develops a suite of conceptual and theoretical arguments about the neighborhood embeddedness of worldwide production
- Draws on longitudinal empirical study from over twenty years within the Bulgarian and Slovakian clothing industries
- Makes an incredible intervention into the talk over the industrial geographies of ecu integration and european enlargement
Read Online or Download Articulations of Capital: Global Production Networks and Regional Transformations (RGS-IBG Book Series) PDF
Best human geography books
Human Landscapes in Classical Antiquity indicates how trendy environmental and ecological issues can assist remove darkness from our examine of the traditional global. The participants examine how the Greeks and Romans perceived their flora and fauna, and the way their perceptions affected society. the consequences of human cost and cultivation at the panorama are thought of, in addition to the illustration of panorama in Attic drama.
Crucial Environmental technological know-how brings jointly inside of a unmarried quantity the titanic diversity of strategies, tools and simple instruments important for the research of our environment. Environmental technological know-how has a tremendous region of operation, employing the instruments from a plethora of conventional sciences and social sciences.
Even supposing so much american citizens not dwell in small cities, pictures of small-town lifestyles, and especially of the mutual aid and neighborliness to be present in such areas, stay strong in our tradition. In conduct of the Heartland, Lyn C. Macgregor investigates how the citizens of Viroqua, Wisconsin, inhabitants 4,355, create a small-town neighborhood jointly.
Ever when you consider that Nobel Prize–winning atmospheric chemist Paul Crutzen coined the time period "Anthropocene" to explain our present era—one within which human influence at the setting has driven Earth into a wholly new geological epoch—arguments for and opposed to the recent designation were raging. eventually, an legit operating staff of scientists was once created to figure out as soon as and for all no matter if we people have tossed one too many plastic bottles out the automobile window and wrought a metamorphosis so profound as to be on par with the tip of the final ice age.
- Mobile Methods
- Rural Governance: International Perspectives (Routledge Studies in Human Geography)
- Beyond the Biophysical: Knowledge, Culture, and Power in Agriculture and Natural Resource Management
- Neighbourhood Policy and the Construction of the European External Borders (GeoJournal Library)
- Ways of Walking: Ethnography and Practice on Foot (Anthropological Studies of Creativity and Perception)
- Conducting Research in Conservation: Social Science Methods and Practice
Additional info for Articulations of Capital: Global Production Networks and Regional Transformations (RGS-IBG Book Series)
Articulations of Capital: Global Production Networks and Regional Transformations (RGS-IBG Book Series) by John Pickles,Adrian Smith,Robert Begg,Milan Bucek,Poli Roukova,Rudolf P?stor