By Theodore Gatchel
Read or Download At the Water's Edge: Defending Against the Modern Amphibious Assault PDF
Similar military history books
“A awesome book—an American resembling John Keegan’s The Face of conflict. I truly think that Grunts is destined to be a vintage. ”—Dave Grossman, writer of On Killing and On CombatFrom the acclaimed writer of The lifeless and people approximately to Die comes a sweeping narrative of six many years of strive against, and an eye-opening account of the evolution of the yank infantry.
The amphibious attack opposed to a defended seashore is totally explored from the point of view of the defender.
In response to the epic actual tale of the Chosin Reservoir crusade of the Korean struggle! within the iciness of 1950, deep in the frozen mountains of North Korea, 15,000 U. S. infantrymen and Marines have been surrounded and trapped via 120,000 chinese language squaddies. regardless of the percentages, the Marines refused to give up and fought their method seventy eight miles to the ocean and rescued 98,000 refugees.
An army operation in contrast to the other on American soil, Morgan's Raid used to be characterised by means of impressive velocity, superhuman persistence and leading edge strategies. one of many nation's such a lot colourful leaders, accomplice common John Hunt Morgan, took his cavalry via enemy-occupied territory in 3 states in a single of the longest offensives of the Civil conflict.
- Visions of Empire in the Nazi-Occupied Netherlands
- The Framework of Operational Warfare (The Operational Level of War)
- Fiction as Fact: Horse Soldiers and Popular Memory: The "Horse Soldiers" and Popular Memory
- 35 DIVISION 106 Infantry Brigade Headquarters : 31 January 1916 - 28 February 1919 (First World War, War Diary, WO95/2489)
- Steel Thunder on the Eastern Front: German and Russian Artillery in WWII (Stackpole Military Photo Series)
Extra resources for At the Water's Edge: Defending Against the Modern Amphibious Assault
At the Water's Edge: Defending Against the Modern Amphibious Assault by Theodore Gatchel