By Robert R. Crichton
Beginning with an summary of metals and chosen nonmetals in biology, the e-book then discusses the next recommendations: uncomplicated coordination chemistry for biologists; structural and molecular biology for chemists; organic ligands for steel ions; middleman metabolism and bioenergetics; and strategies to check metals in organic structures.
The publication additionally covers steel assimilation pathways; delivery, garage, and homeostasis of steel ions; sodium and potassium channels and pumps; magnesium phosphate metabolism and photoreceptors; calcium and mobile signaling; the catalytic function of numerous sessions of mononuclear zinc enzymes; the organic chemistry of iron; and copper chemistry and biochemistry. additionally, the booklet discusses nickel and cobalt enzymes; manganese chemistry and biochemistry; molybdenum, tungsten, vanadium, and chromium; non-metals in biology; biomineralization; metals within the mind; metals and neurodegeneration; metals in medication and metals as medications; and metals within the environment.
- Winner of a 2013 Textbook Excellence Awards (Texty) from the textual content and educational Authors Association
- Readable type, complemented through anecdotes and footnotes
- Enables the reader to extra effectively grab the organic and scientific relevance of the subject
- Color illustrations let effortless visualization of molecular mechanisms
Read Online or Download Biological Inorganic Chemistry: A New Introduction to Molecular Structure and Function PDF
Similar inorganic chemistry books
Seit Alfred Werner seine Koordinationslehre vor etwas mehr als hundert Jahren formulierte, hat sich die Komplexchemie der Ubergangsmetalle rasant zu einem der wichtigsten Forschungsgebiete der Anorganischen Chemie entwickelt. Wie facettenreich die Koordinationschemie sein kann, deutet sich schon an der Variabilitat der Verbindungen an, zu denen so kleine Molekule wie Hexacarbonylchrom ebenso wie Metallenzyme gehoren.
This ebook is the 1st of its kind to mirror upon the intense and quickly transforming into curiosity in open geodesic polyaromatic molecules, in particular concentrating on their synthesis and reactivity in steel binding reactions. The ebook largely covers all facets relating to the fullerene fragment chemistry: present artificial strategies, description of the on hand individuals of this new kin (which has grown to more than two dozens contributors, without any being on hand commercially), molecular geometry and traits within the stable nation packing, in addition to extensions into actual homes and new buckybowl-based molecules and fabrics.
This booklet offers a physics-oriented advent to organogels with a comparability to polymer thermoreversible gels each time suitable. The prior decade has obvious the advance of a wide selection of newly-synthesized molecules which could spontaneously self-assemble or crystallize from their natural or aqueous strategies to supply fibrillar networks, particularly organogels, with power purposes in natural electronics, mild harvesting, bio-imaging, non-linear optics, etc.
Encapsulated Catalysts presents precious info for chemists, chemical engineers, and fabrics scientists during this promising quarter. The publication describes many varieties of encapsulated catalysts and their functions in chemistry, together with natural, inorganic, hybrid, and organic structures. in contrast to different works, which debate conventional helps, this beneficial source uniquely makes a speciality of vitally important themes, comparable to the encapsulation results on reactivity and selectivity, the trouble in their separation from response blend, and/or their sensitivity to response stipulations, and the restrict in their commercial purposes.
- Inorganic/Bioinorganic Reaction Mechanisms: 64 (Advances in Inorganic Chemistry)
- Inorganic and Organometallic Macromolecules: Design and Applications
- Spectroscopy of Mott Insulators and Correlated Metals: Proceedings of the 17th Taniguchi Symposium Kashikojima, Japan, October 24–28, 1994 (Springer Series in Solid-State Sciences)
- Insights from Imaging in Bioinorganic Chemistry (Advances in Inorganic Chemistry)
- Nitrosyl Complexes in Inorganic Chemistry, Biochemistry and Medicine II (Structure and Bonding)
- The Preparation of Nano Composites and Their Applications in Solar Energy Conversion (Springer Theses)
Extra resources for Biological Inorganic Chemistry: A New Introduction to Molecular Structure and Function
Biological Inorganic Chemistry: A New Introduction to Molecular Structure and Function by Robert R. Crichton