By Klaus D. Sattler
The Carbon Nanomaterials Sourcebook comprises wide, interdisciplinary assurance of carbon nanomaterials, encompassing the entire scope of the field—from physics, chemistry, and fabrics technology to molecular biology, engineering, and medicine—in finished volumes.
Written in an educational sort, this primary quantity of the sourcebook:
- Focuses on graphene, fullerenes, nanotubes, and nanodiamonds
- Describes the elemental homes, development mechanisms, and processing of every nanomaterial discussed
- Explores functionalization for digital, strength, biomedical, and environmental applications
- Showcases fabrics with unparalleled houses, synthesis equipment, large-scale creation innovations, and alertness prospects
- Provides the instruments priceless for figuring out present and destiny know-how advancements, together with very important equations, tables, and graphs
Each bankruptcy is devoted to another kind of carbon nanomaterial and addresses 3 major components: formation, houses, and functions. This setup permits quickly and simple seek, making the Carbon Nanomaterials Sourcebook: Graphene, Fullerenes, Nanotubes, and Nanodiamonds, quantity I a must-have reference for scientists and engineers.
Read Online or Download Carbon Nanomaterials Sourcebook: Graphene, Fullerenes, Nanotubes, and Nanodiamonds, Volume I: Volume 1 PDF
Similar solid-state physics books
One of many major objectives of investigations of shock-wave phenomena in condensed subject is to boost equipment for predicting results of explosions, high-velocity collisions, and other forms of extreme dynamic loading of fabrics and buildings. in keeping with the result of foreign examine performed during the last 30 years, this ebook is addressed not just to specialists in shock-wave physics, but in addition to representatives from adjoining fields of task and to scholars who search an creation to the present concerns.
Topological insulators are insulating within the bulk, yet strategy metal states current round its boundary because of the topological foundation of the band constitution. The metal part or floor states are resistant to susceptible ailment or impurities, and strong opposed to the deformation of the approach geometry. This ebook, the 1st of its variety on topological insulators, offers a unified description of topological insulators from one to 3 dimensions in keeping with the transformed Dirac equation.
Predictive theories of phenomena related to part switch with functions in engineering are investigated during this quantity, e. g. solid-liquid part swap, quantity and floor harm, and section switch related to temperature discontinuities. Many different part switch phenomena resembling solid-solid section swap healthy reminiscence alloys and vapor-liquid part switch also are explored.
The contributions during this two-volume set symbolize the paintings of over 200 foreign researchers from universities, govt laboratories and undefined, with diversified backgrounds and pursuits in quite a lot of coatings and skinny movie techniques. the 2 hundred and 6 papers attest to the truth that Metallurgical Coatings is a swiftly transforming into box attracting specialists from the big fabrics, medical and technical group.
- Carbon Filaments and Nanotubes: Common Origins, Differing Applications? (NATO Science Series E: Applied Sciences, Volume 372): Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Study Institute,
- Solid State Physics
- Physics of Thermal Phenomena: Introduction to Thermal Physics
- Isotope Effects in Solid State Physics: 68 (Semiconductors and Semimetals)
- Acoustic, Electromagnetic, Neutron Emissions from Fracture and Earthquakes
- Predictive Statistical Mechanics: A Nonequilibrium Ensemble Formalism (Fundamental Theories of Physics)
Additional info for Carbon Nanomaterials Sourcebook: Graphene, Fullerenes, Nanotubes, and Nanodiamonds, Volume I: Volume 1
Carbon Nanomaterials Sourcebook: Graphene, Fullerenes, Nanotubes, and Nanodiamonds, Volume I: Volume 1 by Klaus D. Sattler