By Russell N. Grimes
Carboranes, 3rd Edition, through Russell Grimes, is the definitive source at the topic. thoroughly up to date with a wealth of study and evaluation articles released during this lively box because the past quantity used to be published in 2011, the booklet presents a readable and concise creation to the fundamental rules underlying the synthesis, buildings, and reactions of carboranes, heterocarboranes, and metallacarboranes. Following the precious foundational info, the ebook explores the advances in useful purposes for the various components within which specialists have came across that carboranes manage to pay for new probabilities for fixing difficulties and advancing the technological know-how. those disciplines comprise polymer technology, catalysis, biomedicine, nanomaterials, and others.
- Includes over 2,000 molecular constitution drawings in the course of the text
- Features extended insurance on purposes of carboranes, rather in biomedicine and nanomaterials, given the expansion of study in those areas
- Presents prolonged and up-to-date tables, directory millions of compounds with key literature references, supplied on-line through the book’s website
- Explores the advances in sensible purposes for the numerous components within which specialists have came upon that carboranes come up with the money for new chances for fixing difficulties and advancing the science
Read or Download Carboranes PDF
Similar inorganic chemistry books
Seit Alfred Werner seine Koordinationslehre vor etwas mehr als hundert Jahren formulierte, hat sich die Komplexchemie der Ubergangsmetalle rasant zu einem der wichtigsten Forschungsgebiete der Anorganischen Chemie entwickelt. Wie facettenreich die Koordinationschemie sein kann, deutet sich schon an der Variabilitat der Verbindungen an, zu denen so kleine Molekule wie Hexacarbonylchrom ebenso wie Metallenzyme gehoren.
This e-book is the 1st of its kind to mirror upon the intense and quickly starting to be curiosity in open geodesic polyaromatic molecules, in particular targeting their synthesis and reactivity in steel binding reactions. The e-book greatly covers all facets relating to the fullerene fragment chemistry: present man made concepts, description of the to be had individuals of this new kinfolk (which has grown to more than two dozens contributors, without any being on hand commercially), molecular geometry and tendencies within the stable kingdom packing, in addition to extensions into actual homes and new buckybowl-based molecules and fabrics.
This ebook presents a physics-oriented creation to organogels with a comparability to polymer thermoreversible gels each time proper. The earlier decade has obvious the improvement of a wide selection of newly-synthesized molecules that could spontaneously self-assemble or crystallize from their natural or aqueous options to supply fibrillar networks, specifically organogels, with power purposes in natural electronics, mild harvesting, bio-imaging, non-linear optics, and so on.
Encapsulated Catalysts offers worthy info for chemists, chemical engineers, and fabrics scientists during this promising quarter. The ebook describes many sorts of encapsulated catalysts and their purposes in chemistry, together with natural, inorganic, hybrid, and organic structures. not like different works, which debate conventional helps, this beneficial source uniquely specializes in vitally important subject matters, equivalent to the encapsulation results on reactivity and selectivity, the trouble in their separation from response mix, and/or their sensitivity to response stipulations, and the restrict in their business functions.
- Metallo-Drugs: Development and Action of Anticancer Agents: Development and Action of Anticancer Agents (Metal Ions in Life Sciences)
- Coordination Chemistry: Invited Lectures Presented at the 20th International Conference on Coordination Chemistry, Calcutta, India, 10-14 December 1979
- Functional Molecular Silicon Compounds I: Regular Oxidation States (Structure and Bonding)
- Origin of Potassium-rich Silica-deficient Igneous Rocks (Springer Geology)
- The Chemistry of Fireworks (RSC Paperbacks)
Extra info for Carboranes
Carboranes by Russell N. Grimes