By D. R. F. Taylor,Tracey Lauriault
Cybercartography: thought and Practice examines the main components of cybercartography and emphasizes the significance of interplay among concept and perform in constructing a paradigm which strikes past the idea that of Geographic info platforms and Geographical details technological know-how. It argues for the centrality of the map as a part of an built-in details, conversation, and analytical package.
This quantity is due to the a multidisciplinary staff attempt and has benefited from the enter of companions from govt, and different agencies. The overseas workforce experiences on significant unique cybercartographic learn and perform from a number of disciplinary views, together with the arts, social sciences together with human components psychology, cybernetics, English literature, cultural mediation, cartography, and geography. This new synthesis has intrinsic price for industries, most people, and the relationships among mapping and the advance of user-centered multimedia interfaces.
* Discusses the centrality of the map and its significance within the info period
* presents an interdisciplinary procedure with contributions from psychology, track, and language and literature
* Describes qualitative and quantitative facets of cybercartography and the significance of societal context within the interplay among concept and practice
* comprises an interactive CD-Rom containing colour photographs, hyperlinks to web pages, plus different vital info to trap the dynamic and interactive components of cybercartography
Read or Download Cybercartography: Theory and Practice (Modern Cartography Series) PDF
Similar human geography books
Human Landscapes in Classical Antiquity exhibits how contemporary environmental and ecological issues can assist light up our research of the traditional global. The individuals give some thought to how the Greeks and Romans perceived their wildlife, and the way their perceptions affected society. the results of human payment and cultivation at the panorama are thought of, in addition to the illustration of panorama in Attic drama.
Crucial Environmental technological know-how brings jointly inside a unmarried quantity the gigantic variety of thoughts, equipment and easy instruments useful for the learn of our environment. Environmental technological know-how has a major quarter of operation, using the instruments from a plethora of conventional sciences and social sciences.
Even if such a lot americans not dwell in small cities, pictures of small-town lifestyles, and especially of the mutual aid and neighborliness to be present in such areas, stay robust in our tradition. In conduct of the Heartland, Lyn C. Macgregor investigates how the citizens of Viroqua, Wisconsin, inhabitants 4,355, create a small-town neighborhood jointly.
Ever seeing that Nobel Prize–winning atmospheric chemist Paul Crutzen coined the time period "Anthropocene" to explain our present era—one within which human effect at the atmosphere has driven Earth into a wholly new geological epoch—arguments for and opposed to the hot designation were raging. ultimately, an respectable operating team of scientists used to be created to figure out as soon as and for all even if we people have tossed one too many plastic bottles out the automobile window and wrought a transformation so profound as to be on par with the top of the final ice age.
- Klimaalltag: Wie sich Klimawandel und Umweltmigration in einem Küstenort in England begegnen (German Edition)
- The New Enclosures: Critical Perspectives on Corporate Land Deals (Critical Agrarian Studies)
- The Reinvention of Distinction: Modernity and the Middle Class in Urban Vietnam: 2 (ARI - Springer Asia Series)
- Environmental Policies (Routledge Revivals): An International Review: Volume 8
Extra info for Cybercartography: Theory and Practice (Modern Cartography Series)
Cybercartography: Theory and Practice (Modern Cartography Series) by D. R. F. Taylor,Tracey Lauriault