By James G. Jr. Hollandsworth
Read or Download The Louisiana Native Guards: The Black Military Experience During the Civil War PDF
Similar military history books
“A fabulous book—an American akin to John Keegan’s The Face of conflict. I in actual fact think that Grunts is destined to be a vintage. ”—Dave Grossman, writer of On Killing and On CombatFrom the acclaimed writer of The useless and people approximately to Die comes a sweeping narrative of six many years of strive against, and an eye-opening account of the evolution of the yank infantry.
The amphibious attack opposed to a defended seashore is totally explored from the viewpoint of the defender.
In response to the epic real tale of the Chosin Reservoir crusade of the Korean conflict! within the wintry weather of 1950, deep in the frozen mountains of North Korea, 15,000 U. S. squaddies and Marines have been surrounded and trapped by way of 120,000 chinese language infantrymen. regardless of the percentages, the Marines refused to give up and fought their approach seventy eight miles to the ocean and rescued 98,000 refugees.
An army operation not like the other on American soil, Morgan's Raid used to be characterised through very good pace, superhuman persistence and leading edge strategies. one of many nation's such a lot colourful leaders, accomplice common John Hunt Morgan, took his cavalry via enemy-occupied territory in 3 states in a single of the longest offensives of the Civil conflict.
- The Shining Path: A History of the Millenarian War in Peru (Latin America in Translation/en Traducción/em Tradução)
- Networks of Nazi Persecution: Bureaucracy, Business and the Organization of the Holocaust (War and Genocide)
- Arming the Royal Navy, 1793–1815: The Office of Ordnance and the State (Warfare, Society and Culture)
- The First Team: Pacific Naval Air Combat from Pearl Harbor to Midway
- Lee's Army during the Overland Campaign: A Numerical Study
Extra info for The Louisiana Native Guards: The Black Military Experience During the Civil War
The Louisiana Native Guards: The Black Military Experience During the Civil War by James G. Jr. Hollandsworth